cancel

HP OpenView Service Desk 4.5 Views

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
heathern3
New Member.

HP OpenView Service Desk 4.5 Views

Does anyone know how to save the view that you set up in service desk?
4 REPLIES
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP OpenView Service Desk 4.5 Views

Hi,

are you trying to save a view that you created in your sd client so it becomes available to everyone?

Or did you created a view in the admin console, and you want it to be available to everyone (via roles)?
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
heathern3
New Member.

Actually I created it and just wanted it to be saved for me. I had it prior to my computer crashing and when I first had it set up a co-worker helped me save the view so I could always access it in case something happened to service desk. Well when my computer crashed I re-did everything and thought it was set up right then when I closed out of service desk and logged back in it was gone, I once again had to create my views.
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi,

Views are stored locally in a file called: views.DAT.

It is under:
"C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk\

Make a backup of this file, and next time you re-imgae your PC, or have a new one installed, before starting the client, replace the default file with this one and your custom views will be there.

Hope this helps... points for the assistance are welcome !

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try creating a single custom view. Exit the application. If you log back in and the custom view is no longer there, check if you have write permissions on the client data folder.

Hope this helps.
Do not forget to assign points to each contribution.
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28

The Pike