Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

HP OVSD - Printing issue to a non-windows port monitor

Highlighted
jg_on
New Member.

HP OVSD - Printing issue to a non-windows port monitor

Hello,

I'm issues printing to a print queue that doesn't use a standard tcp/ip print monitor port. Our print tracking sotware requires us to use their specific port monitor. My understanding is that the port also uses tcp/ip. When printing to the queue setup this way HP OVSD seems to print but then nothings shows up at the printer.

Any ideas?

Anybody know how printing works in HP OVSD?

Thanks,

Jose 

3 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP OVSD - Printing issue to a non-windows port monitor

Interesting question.  Using Service Desk I have printed to PDF documents, local USB printers and network printer, both wired and wireless.  In every attempt, I have seen either the standard operating system print dialog being called or the print dialog from the printer if there is special software and options for that printer.

Network sniffer is the first idea that comes to mind for your specific scenario.

Good luck!

The Pike

jg_on
New Member.

Thanks for the reply.

Can I expect that OVSD uses any locally install printer on my workstation? or does it required some setup at the server level?

Jose

The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

No special setup is required on the server side.  As stated above, SD calls the operating system's print dialog or special print dialog from the printer.  Remember to give Kudos for the answer.