Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP OVSD 4.5 with SP23 and Client 2008 - Spell Checker

Highlighted
David A Mann
Occasional Contributor

HP OVSD 4.5 with SP23 and Client 2008 - Spell Checker

Hi there;

We have upgraded our test environment to HP OVSD SP23 and also the new Client 2008. It seems that with this configuration the Spell Checker is no longer working. The option is grayed out. It did work in the previous client and SP20. I have checked the Application settings in Tools, Options, Applications in HP OVSD and it has Word referencing the WinWord.EXE file and starting in C:\ as is in our PROD environment but it doesn't allow for us to use the spell check. Any one have any suggestions please? Thank you.

Dave Mann
VIHA - Business Application Support
14 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Re: HP OVSD 4.5 with SP23 and Client 2008 - Spell Checker

Hi Dave,

Does the server/PC where the Client2008 is running has MS Word installed?

I think that the spell checker actually starts a WinWord spell checker interface.

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
David A Mann
Occasional Contributor

Hi Randall;

Yes it is setup on the PC with Word. We have also determined just this morning that the problem only exists in the new client. If we use our old client to connect to HP OVSD 4.5 SP23 test environment, the spell checker is available. Thanks.

Dave
Nikita Mironov_
Super Collector

hello!
Same issue on my side. Old OVSD Client - spell checker works fine, Client 2008 - no reaction at pressing F7
MarkvL
Honored Contributor

Hello,

When you open a form you must make sure the cursor is in a field to which you have write access and there has to be data in the field otherwise the spelling checker will be disabled.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Nikita Mironov_
Super Collector

Hello,
I'm in the field that is available for modifications and has data. Still no way. The option is gray (see attach). No reaction at F7. I have Office 2003 installed. May be an issue with Office version?

Does anybody have Spell Checker working in OVSD Client 2008?
David A Mann
Occasional Contributor

Actually, we are trying it in a field that allows for text entry. The Description, Log or solution fields. All with the same result. No spell checker is available. This is with with MS Office 2000. Not sure if an upgrade to a newer office version is in the works *yet*.

Dave
MarkvL
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The spelling checker needs Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package to be installed on the system, normally this is done with automatic updates from Windows but you can also download it from the Microsoft page, there you can also find the installation instructions.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

No reboot needed :)

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Nikita Mironov_
Super Collector

Yep, started to work. I'm currently onserving some strange thing. After I press F7 and the spell checking completes it adds someting at the end of the text in the field (shown as small square). Trying to get rid of it now...
Nikita Mironov_
Super Collector

Indeed after installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package F7 started to work. It adds CHR(10) at the end of the text (see attached). Has anyone faced this?
David A Mann
Occasional Contributor

Indeed. That fixed us up as well.
David A Mann
Occasional Contributor

Further note ... we do not get CHR(10) at the end of the text once F7 or Tools, Spelling is selected and allowed to run. Not sure why you would be getting that but we are not experiencing that here.
David A Mann
Occasional Contributor

Hi All;

Turns out, we are also experiencing the CHR(10) issue now as well. Not sure what changed but it appeared that the first time you did a spell check it was okay. Subsequent spell checks now add a CHR(10) at the end of the text.

Also, we had logged another issue with HP relating to the ENTER key on the number pad not working on fields where there is a list .. like Caller. It works in other fields and the NUMLOCK makes no difference. This is going to be fixed in SP26 by HP. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing that little issue but thought I would add it in.

Dave
ACCMC
Super Collector

Someone has solved the problem with the CHR(10) at the end of the text?? Like this is impossible to use the spellchecker!

We still have this issue with Client 2008 on SP27.

Michael
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event