Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

HP OVSD 4.5 SP23 - problem with concurrent licences utilization

Highlighted
Milan Karban
Respected Contributor.

HP OVSD 4.5 SP23 - problem with concurrent licences utilization

Hello,

during last two month we have problem with utilization of all free concurrent licences by one user (account) in one moment (during one minute).

Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the error - it appears randomly for me. For example, last two weeks this error didn't appear, but today again several times.

There is not any known error according to this problem regarding SP23.

Does anybody have any advice for me?

Some screenshots and extract from Server Log is attached.

Thanks,

Milan Karban
3 REPLIES
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: HP OVSD 4.5 SP23 - problem with concurrent licences utilization

One thing I'd try and it's not the best way I'm sure is:

removed his account from concurrent, give him a named license. have him log in and use it for a day or two. then have him blow away his client settings (keep views etc) and then move back concurrent and see what happens...

This might help, it might not... seems like something is corrupt and changing things up a bit might 'untangle' the mess.

sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Milan

Maybe the information below is not exactly what you need , but ... just a information.
This is known bug of SP17 and SP18. This problem appears when you use the attachment clasification functionality and following DB rules for sending email with attachments. So delete attachments classifications and restart services should help.

Other way - there is a hotfix available now for this problem in ITSM008559 for SP17 (must be installed on all application servers and all clients too). We had installed this hotfix and everything was OK.

Definitive resolution is part of SP19.
As you are in SP23 , teorically you dont have the same problem.

Rgds,
Rubem
Milan Karban
Respected Contributor.

This problem was reported for SP 20, where it should have been solved:

The steps to reproduce the error are:
- a) create any kind of custom field or code;
- b) edit or create a db-rule in which you use this field.
- c) while you executed the above actions, the user that is using up all the licenses was online.
- d) after the actions were executed, the server was most likely restarted while the client session was still open.
- e) When the user tries to refresh to the server after the server restart (still same client session), the user gets the message that he cannot reconnect.
- f) The user starts a new client GUI to be able to work - now he eats up a new license. This happens every time that the user refreshes his session.

This issue should under normal circumstances be solved immediately with the following action:
- the user should close down all client sessions. To be on the safe side, he should reboot his box.He should then open a new client session.

In the future when creating custom fields and using them in Rules, then restarting the server, the admin should make sure that all users are properly logged off prior to restarting the application server. This is a known limitation in Service Desk and documented in the addendum to Service Pack 20, pages 249 and on:

"This feature is not intended to be used in a multi-user environment because it modifies the database structure. It is highly recommended that no other client connects to the application server during the import. Also, it is also recommended to have only one application server instance running on the Service Desk database when you define or import new custom fields.
Server needs to be restarted after all expected custom fields are created or imported.
Hence, restart server AFTER defining new custom fields and BEFORE using the new fields in rules/templates/forms/...
It's also recommended to have other clients disconnected; i.e. implement new fields in single-user mode."