Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

HP OVOW and SD 5.1 on same windows 2003

Highlighted
abhijeet_indian
Trusted Contributor.

HP OVOW and SD 5.1 on same windows 2003

Hi all,

Please somebody can guide me and tell if OVOw and SD 5.1 have to be installed on the same server which of them should be installed first.

Thanks in advance,
abhi
4 REPLIES
Sandeshp_1
Honored Contributor.

Re: HP OVOW and SD 5.1 on same windows 2003

Hi Abhijeet,
Better use two different systems. HP recommands that HPOV Application and DB Server should be different.
abhijeet_indian
Trusted Contributor.

thanks for your reply,
but my customer need to implement on one server itself... and can you just clear my doubts regarding the issues i can face...and as your are telling OVOW and DB server should be seperate then why the option of local database is given at the time of installation

Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

previoulsy with OVO and OVSD 4.5 they shared some of the same registry keys and having both on the same physical server was not recommended by HP.

It was possible to get the two running on the same server but issues were know to arise from time to time.

I think HP will recommend seperate boxes for the installs. It would be advisable to check with HP support to see where they stand on this from a support point of view in case you get it working intially but run into problems later on.
Sandeshp_1
Honored Contributor.

Hi Abhijeet,

Hope your doubts gets clear. Or else suggested by Mark O'Loughlin, kindly get in touch with HP Support Centre.