Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP OV Service desk 4.5, Web-api, CIs with related in/ch/pr/sc

Highlighted
Runar Solberg
Occasional Advisor

HP OV Service desk 4.5, Web-api, CIs with related in/ch/pr/sc

Hi,

I am currently developing a report through the web-api. I want to list all categories with corresponding number of CIs and corresponding number of incidents/problems/service calls/changes for each category.

This should be realtivly straight forward.

1. I get all categories
2. I get all CIs for each category
3. I get all incidents/problems/service calls/changes for each CI, sum them and I have the total numbers of incidents/problems/service calls/changes for each category.

The problem: I am getting session logout after a while when getting e.g the incidents for the CIs. I suspect this has something to do with a query restriction on incidents, the number of max rows I can retrieve, but I am not sure. Anyone has any idea of a workarraound for this problem? Can I renew the session in some way?

Thanks for you feedback.

-rjs
1 REPLY
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: HP OV Service desk 4.5, Web-api, CIs with related in/ch/pr/sc

I suspect that you are right - the app is hitting a retrieval limit or being very slow processing lots of data.

I'm afraid the WEB-API is not designed to support reporting - it is more geared up to permitting write access to the DB thru the Application Layer.

Have you considered hooking a report writer such as Crystal (Business Objects) directly onto the DB? It could then do counts via indexes very efficiently.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event