Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP OV SD 4.5 SP15 / SC and Scripts

Highlighted
Matt Winter
Occasional Contributor

HP OV SD 4.5 SP15 / SC and Scripts

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to include dynamic scripts, what i mean by this is that anyone who chooses a specific classification it will launch a q&a sheet in order to ensure the technician asks the correct questions. Currently I know that Checklists are used, however its too static. The only way i can think to do this is using a rule to launch a macro'd excel document, but then how do i get it to save the answers to the SC? hope that makes sense!
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: HP OV SD 4.5 SP15 / SC and Scripts

Hi,

if you use a UI rule to run a macro or script etc the problem is that the script needs to be on the users system to run. This is the opposite to running command exec's from DB rules where in DB rules you can specify the host that contains the command or script.

Have you looked into dynamic forms available with the later SP's. Download SP 18 nad have a read of the document that comes with it detailing dynamic forms.

Remember going to SP 18 means no migratioon to OVSD 5.1 if you ever want to migrate!!
Matt Winter
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your reponse, I was considering upgrade to SP21, untill i read threads regarding performance issues, so maybe SP20? We have no plans to upgrade to 5 as the consultance costs outway and advantages to upgrade for us.

THanks for the info, will investigate the dynamic forms.
Matt Winter
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your reponse, I was considering upgrade to SP21, untill i read threads regarding performance issues, so maybe SP20? We have no plans to upgrade to 5 as the consultance costs outway any advantages to upgrade for us.

THanks for the info, will investigate the dynamic forms.
Matt Winter
Occasional Contributor

From my brief review of the notes, it seems dynamic forms may not be suitable? I only say this as what we want to do is when they choose a classification of Hardware-> Printer, it then gives a box to select what type of Printer, then it will ask a question, like "have you checked...." then if they choose "no" it tells them what to check and how, then if it resolves they choose YES and it copy's the contents to the log, if not it asks another question etc... does that make sense and do you think dynamic forms could be used in this way? I know that custom fields are limited in SP15 (not sure about higher SP versions) so that limits the options and also means ALOT of UI Rules.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Matt,

you can use UI rukes with limit field values to display certain values when say "printer" is selected. As for the addition questions that need to be checked one option maybe to have the questions that you need answered on a tab on the form and have them to be required fields when saving the form by using another UI rule to force a stop pop up notification when "printer" is selected.

It could be messy if you have a lot of these questions.
Matt Winter
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the advice so far,although I dont think i can do what i need via dynamic forms without alot of messy rules/fields, i have now other ideas that the dynamic forms will assist with!

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event