Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

HP OV SD 4.5 SP 15 to ???

Highlighted
Frank Pate1
Respected Contributor.

HP OV SD 4.5 SP 15 to ???

I am currently HP OV SD 4.5 SP15 and would like to upgrade the service pack to ??? Which is the best at this time. I heard that SP 21 runs slower than SP 20 but SP 21 has the DST patch built in. Please advise. I am not going to upgrade to HP SD 5.x and will be waiting for Service Manager 7.
7 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP OV SD 4.5 SP 15 to ???

Hello Frank,

Read the excellent analysis of Michael Gregor at http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1096140
menes fhtagn
Frank Pate1
Respected Contributor.

Excellent...Thank you...Sounds like SP21 will be our choice as well due to the review.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sp 22 is also available.
Frank Pate1
Respected Contributor.

Does SP22 also contain the DST patch built in...Also, do you have any info or the URL where I can download it?
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

http://support.openview.hp.com/patches/sdsk/4.5/win.jsp

SDSK_00108 - looks like it may have the patch.
Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Frank.

We have now been running SD 4.5 SP21 for one month, and have no issues with the patch. In fact, we are delighted with the new e-mail functionality in Service call, and other features.

Michael
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

I upgraded a customer to SP22 (from SP7) 2 weeks ago and on the whole it's OK.
Some issues:
- you can't set or clear custom fields in DB or UI rules if they aren't active for the Category...eg if a Service Call field is inactive for Category of "Request for Service" then rules won't be able to alter it and will give an error. This creates problems when (eg) you want to clear fields on change of Category. ALso when, say a CI is Disposed, we usually clear a number of fields - now they give errors if inactive. Don't know what SP introduced this

- you can't set or clear ANY custom fields in Service or SLA record by rule. (Logged this with HP). It seems to think they are inactive.

- If search in F2 for records on a certain date, it actually returns records from the day before. IF you search "on or after" that date with time of 00, it's fine.

Otherwise, so far, OK.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au