The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving View privilege on object level for a role.

Highlighted
Fady Bassyouni
Regular Collector

Giving View privilege on object level for a role.

Hi All,
I am using SD 5.0 patch2.

when I give "View" access to an object (ex. Workorder) for a certain role the accounts belonging to this role cannot view any fileds of this object! (Seems to be a known bug in SD 5.0)
I tried to workaround this bug by giving "Modify" access on the object level and then change the all the fields access level to view instead of write. Again not all the fields can be viewed only some of them.

Is there any ideas how to fix this or workarond it.
thnx

Fady
5 REPLIES
Fady Bassyouni
Regular Collector

Re: Giving View privilege on object level for a role.

Hello, any ideas?
Sreek_1
Collector

Hi Fady,

Please let me know the role which you gave view access for oblect workorder.

Sreek
Fady Bassyouni
Regular Collector

Hi Sreek,

I am giving view access to a new customized role, not from the pre-configured one's.

-I need suggestions how to give "Modify" access to a role in one stage of the object flow and "View" access at another stage.
For example: I need the helpdesk agent (1st level of support) to be able to modify the workorder but when the 2nd level of support is working on it he should only "view" the workorder and add "New" lines in History untill the 2nd level is done with his work.

What I did is:
[Role] >>> [Privilege]
-HelpDesk agent >>Workorder New,View,Modify and enabled status access in status1 & status4
-2nd level >> Workorder View,Modify and enabled status access in status2 & status3

the only problem in it is the Helpdesk agent is not able to view the workorder properly nor add a history line when the case is in status2 & status3 (handled by 2nd level).

-Fady
Sean Almond
Frequent Visitor

Fady

This is a known error, we have a workaround in place for this supplied by support, suggest you contact them for a resolution
Fady Bassyouni
Regular Collector

Hello Sean,

Can you tell me about the solution supplied to you by the suppor?

-fady
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event