Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with InBound Emails to Service Desk

Highlighted
Anthony Borton
Acclaimed Contributor

Getting started with InBound Emails to Service Desk

Hi,

I have a requirement whereby I want to be able to create a new Change Request and associated Work Item by sending an Inbound Email to our HP OpenView server. A consultant has set one up to show it works but I was not involved in this in any way. Could anyone point me to some documentation on how I can start learning how to do this?

Thanks

Anthony
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Getting started with InBound Emails to Service Desk

Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

It's been a while but if I'm thinking right, the inbound email (whatever) would be tied to change template, that change template would have a work order template specified. Hope this points you in the right direction.

Create change template.
Create WO template, relate to change template.

Cheers
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Ken Briscoe
Honored Contributor

Unless there has been a change to HPSD since SP15, I think inbound emails can only create Service Calls, not Changes. In the mail settings, there is only provision to associate a Service Call template with an inbound email address, not any other sort of template. So all you could do is create a Service Call with a category of "Request for Change". (The template chosen can have Worl Orders attached)
One wya you might create a Change is to use the email to create a special type of Service Call, then have a DB rule against that Service call fire off an sdevent to create the change you want but I've never done that. .......Regards,
Ken.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event