The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating xml add .0 to service call ID field

Highlighted
Rory Emmans

Generating xml add .0 to service call ID field

I am exporting service calls to excel making some mods and re-importing them back into Service Desk. When I generate the XML file it adds a .o at the end of the service call number e.g 2514 becomes 2514.0 I have tried to format the column as text field and a number field with no decimal point with no luck. Does anybody have a idea how to correct this Problem? Thanks in advance Rory
5 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Re: Generating xml add .0 to service call ID field

Hi Rory,

This is a known issue. You can do what I do.. Open the XML file useing TextPad, search and replace '.0' with '' (nothing). This will remove only one extra '.0', which is in the second or third line (XML DTD version).

Rest will work perfectly fine. You can open the file in explorer view to cross check it.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Rory,

I have found that it makes a difference if your format the column in Excel as text BEFORE it is loaded with data, as opposed to formatting it as text only after the data is there.

-Josh
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

You can also use the INT() function in the export .ini file to remove the .0
Rory Emmans

Formatting the excel spreadsheet didn't work for me, neither dod text pad. What format is the int command in the ini file to remove the .0 for the Service Call ID
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Hi Rory,

Textpad option didn't work?? Why??

Confirm whether you did the following steps:

1. Created the XML file using ECW.
2. Edited the XML file (using textpad) to replace the '.0' with ''.
3. Added the '.0' for the DTD version in the XML file.
4. In data exchange, uncheck the box that says "Export Data from a storage device".
5. Select the checkbox "Import data into service desk".
6. Select Start.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event