Generating Work orders from a Service Case - Newbie question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Scott Slater
Valued Contributor.

Generating Work orders from a Service Case - Newbie question

Good morning,

I have a project which requires that I generate a couple of different work orders automatically when I change a Service Case to a specific status and pass some data from the SC to them.

Having never done anything like this before I've been trying to peruse the manuals and the boards and have come to the conclusion that this is something I need to do by calling sd_event through a database rule.

Unfortunately, I'm getting a bit confused as to exactly how this is to be accomplished.

Am I correct that I need to set up an import mapping for sd_event to refer to in order to provide a framework for the parameters to be passed? or am I completely off the mark?

2 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Generating Work orders from a Service Case - Newbie question

You are precisely ON the mark!

Create an Import Mapping for Work order and use a template which sets as many fields as possible, test this from a CMD prompt on an App. Server. When happy, ensure that an AGENT is running on the App. Server and then make a DB rule fire the SD_EVENT with suitable params.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Generating Work orders from a Service Case - Newbie question

Hi Scott,

watch out for any mandatory fields that are required for the workorders for what ever status they wil be created with. As Mike suggested use a template to set them to some value.