Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Format control error

Highlighted
Aneetha
Contributor.

Format control error

Hi ,

When i try to close a change without filling the mandatory fields (even while using the OOB category) to open another phase, instead of checking for the validation, it gives me an error

Invalid index: It is NULL (format.ccal,calc.calculations).
But i have checked all validations and calculations but still the same error.

Could some one help me on this..Any clue on this will of great help.

Thanks
Sree
3 REPLIES
Jacob Heubner
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Format control error

Could you give us a little more information? What change category were you using? What phase were you in? What fields did you fill in and which did you leave blank?
Aneetha
Contributor.

It happens for all categories even for the OOB categories. when i try to move a phase from the initial phase to the next phase, this error occurs. Anyways i am on filling any fields except the one that is automatically filled up while you open the change..

Pls let me know where am i going wrong..

Thanks
Sree..
Jacob Heubner
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ok, see, that's not any more information. Unless you give me some specifics, I can't try to duplicate what you're asking about. If I can't duplicate it, I can't see what the system is doing when it kicks out that error.

So, walk me through your process... You open a new change. You fill in _what_ fields, with _what_ information? Then, what do you do to generate the error? Save? Options->Next Phase? Cancel/ok?

Once you've given me the steps of what you're doing, I can try to be of more help.