Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Info in HPSD

Highlighted
slwhetze
Acclaimed Contributor

Financial Info in HPSD

Has anyone any experience with entering financial data into HPSD.
Specific issues:
- How to handle Maintenance Cost that change on a Monthly basis (How would one calculate a "year to date" cost).
- Depreciation Costs - How would one enter and use a Depreciation schedule that would allow quick/instant viewing of "current asset value"
Thanks for any info
Stacy
slwbid@farmerstel.com
5 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Financial Info in HPSD

Hi Stacy,

In my opinion, HPSD is not suitable for this sort of thing - in general I would recommend linking to a proper financial package and using a smart action to launch such a package.

If you take this approach, you need to ensure there is a field in the record which applies in both systems and for a smart action that the other package can be launched from the command line.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Stacy,

OVSD currently isn't there when it comes to financial management. Even asset depreciation is not that easy due to the limitation that you can have with calculating against numbers and dates.

I think SM7 will have a financial section to it.

There are other tools that HP provide that can what you are looking for. I dont kno how these would interact with the CMDB in OVSD

Hello,

I would use Crystal Reports, allows calculations from the fields read directly from the database.

Cheers,

Ondra
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Service desk is not a financial management tool. Just basic accounting. What you are talking about is a true asset management system.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Stacy,

Just so that you have the longer term view of things, H-P is supposed to fuse the Service Desk and the Service Center products by end of 2007. I do not know if this also includes Asset Center, which is a rather strong product for this type of requirement.

-Josh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event