Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering in a Quick Find View HPSD 4.5 sp11

Highlighted
Peter Vellekoop
Occasional Advisor

Filtering in a Quick Find View HPSD 4.5 sp11

Hello,

I want to use a filter in a Quick Find View so users don't see certain items (certain Services in this case) when they use the Quick Find option. I have made a Table view in the Administrator Console under Presentation/Search/Services and used a filter in a Quick Find View. However when I use the Quick Find option in for example a service call the filter is not applied, and consequently all the users can see the items I had filtered. Does anyone know a solution to this problem. I use HPSD vs. 4.5 sp11
3 REPLIES
Tim Schmitt_4
Frequent Visitor

Re: Filtering in a Quick Find View HPSD 4.5 sp11

You can use the folders to filter what the person sees for Services but if you filter this way, the roles will also need to be setup appropriately.

The quick find functionality always removes the filter from the view. There is not a setting I am aware of that you can change that behavior in. I think that the reason they do this is because the person who is using the quick find may not know if the view they are using has a filter.
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Peter,

The feature to apply the same filters from the View in the "Quick Find and Advanced Find" was added in SD4.5 Service Pack 16.

See this ITSM document:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_ITSM007866

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Tim Schmitt_4
Frequent Visitor

Nice job Err.

I didn't recall that the setting was there on the general settings area.

Peter - looks like you might have a good reason to upgrade!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event