Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering Classifications through the WebAPIs

Highlighted
Russ Forney
Regular Collector

Filtering Classifications through the WebAPIs

Can one of you java gurus out there help me with a programming problem. I am trying to use the WebAPIs to filter a set of Service Call Classifications. I want to return all Classifications that have a Parent Classification of "Service Request". Service Request is a top-level Classification and the codes I am looking for are at the next level down. I have filtered on Text before (like in the Status field to retrieve or set a specific value) but never on a set of codes. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Russ...

Russ...
4 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Filtering Classifications through the WebAPIs

Hi
You need go to Parent Parent, then collect all child.

Vasily
Russ Forney
Regular Collector

Vasily,

I'm not sure what you mean by Parent Parent. Could you drop a line of code to show me what you mean? I am guessing I would search for the particular code of the Parent Classification and then do a getChildren(). I'm not sure how to get a collection of ICodeHeirarchical into a collection of IClassificationSer. Is it just a cast from one to the other? Thanks!

Russ...
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Hi
When you start and collect a child - response a first level of classification tree. I meean you Q. is how go to back, when I set some classification code and now like go to on one level up and like see only this level classification - so for this task need go to 2 level up and from this level read a child, then response will have a parent of one level up. That I mean.

Vasily
Russ Forney
Regular Collector

Thanks for the feedback. I really need some actual code to show me how to get a collection of ICodeHeirarchical into its appropriate sub-interface (ClassificationSer). Thanks!

Russ...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event