cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field names in "Configuration Item on Work Order" view

Highlighted
Rory Emmans

Field names in "Configuration Item on Work Order" view

Field names are different when you are using "Configuration Item on Work Order" under the affected CI's tab. I am trying to use the field names Code, CI Name etc When I select the CI Code field the column name shows just CI, I have to select the CI CI Name to show the field CI Name. I need to have the coumn names to be consistent with advance find field names. Does anybody have and idea if this can be changed. I can take some screen shots if you need an example
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Field names in "Configuration Item on Work Order" view

Hello Rory,

I think that you should customize the view "Configuration Item On Work order" found at administrator console/presentation/views/Configuration Item On Work Order"
menes fhtagn
Rory Emmans

George thanks for the reply but that is the view that I am modifying. The fields you select in the the view "Configuration Item in Work Order show different field names i.e. CI Name has to be CI CI Name, Code is CI Code and then shows only CI as the column name for the Code when you are in the Work Orders. Then when the user uses Advance find the fields are called Code, CI Name etc
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

I know this thread started a long time back but I just ran over it and can shed a little light. You have to remember that "CI on Work Order" is a small intermediate record implemented to support many-to-many relationships. As such the code which handles it is very limited and the View can only show fields IN THIS MINI-RECORD, hence the odd names. It's only when you "drill through" to the real record (CI) that you start to see the real field names, same problem occurs with Relations etc. Hope this helps.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event