Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few SD5 Question

Highlighted
dschul
Regular Collector

Few SD5 Question

1. In 4.5 when you (i.e. in a Service Call) selected a CI, it displayed the selected CI "underlined". So you knew the you have selected a CI. Is this still possible in V5?

2. Again the CI Lookup: If there are mutiple CI's that would fit the first couple of letters, a window is opened.(see screenshot). I always have to select the "Object Type" first to say CI before I get the possible CI's. Can this be changed to point to CI's always?

3. The Quick Search fields seem to case sensitive now. At least the service and caller field. Is it possible to disable that? Pretty anyoing this feature :-)

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES
LawrenceP
Super Collector

Re: Few SD5 Question

Hi,

1. Not sure I understand what you mean, but when you select a CI from a list of available choices, it's clear you have made a selection (with me the line gets a blue background).

2. No. And imho this is a bug. It makes no sense to be able to choose a "Node" or a "Foundation Deployment" in this context.

3. No. Again, imho this is a bug. As the search field is on searchcode, which is always uppercase, the searchbox should automatically convert what I type into uppercase letters, just like it happens when I type in the field on the form.

Lawrence
dschul
Regular Collector

Hi Lawrence

Thanks for your reply.

OK 2 bugs found.

I have attached another screenshot for the first question. Not sure if we are talking about the same. The "CI field look" is not changing at all when the CI is selected.

Daniel
LawrenceP
Super Collector

Ah, see what you mean... I'm afraid it now works as any other application. SD4.5 had non-standard behaviour in that respect.

Lawrence
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event