Extraction Configuration Wizard

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Yousef Jamous
Respected Contributor.

Extraction Configuration Wizard

Hi
I'm using HP OVSD 4.5 with SP11 On Windows 2000 Server with Oracle 9i DB. There's a need to upgrade SP11 to SP24.

I heard from someone that if I upgrade to any version after SP11 then the Extraction Configuration Wizard will not work or not supported!!!

Can someone please advice me on this? my upgrade decision depends on this.
6 REPLIES
Yousef Jamous
Respected Contributor.

Re: Extraction Configuration Wizard

Hmmm, Is my question that tough?
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hello,

The ECW after SP11 has some quirks but it works.

1. When you specify the source (the first time) you get a java.lang.NullPointerException. However if you can ignore the error by pressing "Continue"
2. If the source an excel file, at the classes definition wizzard first page, where you specify your source tables the first table on the list cannot be added. The work around is for the fist table to name it twice in excel.
menes fhtagn
Yousef Jamous
Respected Contributor.

Thank you very much for your response.

So, it's only these two issues, and otherwise, things will work fine!
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yes, besides these two issues it works fine. However writing the .ini file by the hand for me is much more quicker than using the ECW!
menes fhtagn
Yousef Jamous
Respected Contributor.

This is nice thing to hear. Is there some documents where it can help me in this with examples? I've an excel sheet and I would like to create an INI to do data upload.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

All the necessary documentation lays on the Data Exchange guide found at the folder \doc folder on the Installation CD
menes fhtagn