Extracting date and time information for calculations

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Daniel T Walmsl
Trusted Contributor.

Extracting date and time information for calculations

Good Morning All

I need to extract date and time data from SD 5.1 in a format usable by Excel to do date and time calculations.

For example subtracting Start Time from Finish Time.

Thanks
Dan
3 REPLIES
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Extracting date and time information for calculations

You can create custom field and use db rule to subtract start time from finish time and put it in your custom field. Or just use the duration field for your reporting. However, I advice against the suggestion above as it affect performance slight with introduction of custom field and rule. Better to just pull the data from the SD database views and do your reporting and calculations on that.
Daniel T Walmsl
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks JaS

I did exactly what you said using crystal reports.
Sjoerd van Leeu
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Dan,

have a look at the reporting solution of Westbury USA called Report Manager (part of their Service Desk Intelligence solution), which has 140+ out-of-the-box reports (based on best practices), universes specifically designed for the Service Desk environment, a variety of pre-defined date and time calculations, and a strong reporting engine featuring Business Objects. Westbury has been around for more than 10 years and is serving a variety of customers around the globe. Their US office is located in Cambridge, MA, covering North America.

Check them out at http://www.westburyusa.com.

Sjoerd