The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting and Mapping Date field

Highlighted
Mahmood Khan_1
Collector

Extracting and Mapping Date field

I am trying to import a few fields from an ORACLE table. I have imported the data before using ECW, but my problem in this excahnge is the date fields when I generate the XML file the date is formated as: 2002.05.01.12.00.00 instead of 05/01/02.
My system settings are:
Datetime format: Short Date, Short Time
Date Format: 10/14/05
Time Format: Medium time

In the spreadsheet the cell format is Number : Date , Type 3/14/01
Not sure what am i missing any help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES
Vasily Aksenov
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Extracting and Mapping Date field

try to change date settings on SD client where you generate XML
Mahmood Khan_1
Collector

Vasily-
I tried to change the date format from the SD client - it didn't help
the custom field is short date and in the option setting it is short date. Am I missing something ?
your help is greatly appreciated
Nick Brace
Occasional Visitor

Hi Mahmood,

we had similar problems, I think there was a bug introduced in a particular service pack that made SD unhappy with the date fields. I have tried formatting the date in just about every way possible but to no avail, we are currently at SP10, I dont know if there is a hotfix available.
Nick
Pint of Carlsberg please?
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Try this.

In your spreadsheet, select the column which contains the date fields. Choose Data --> Text to Columns. Select delemited and choose next. Leave the 'tab' as the default delimitor and click next. In the COlumn data format, choose 'Text' and click on finish. Now save the excel file and try to do a data exchange again.

Hopefully the problem will be resolved.
Mahmood Khan_1
Collector

I am using SP14 , Data->Text to Columns didnt solve this issue. Any other suggestions ?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event