Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting Attachments out of HP Service Desk + Sending it via Perl Script

Highlighted
Peter P.
Acclaimed Contributor

Extracting Attachments out of HP Service Desk + Sending it via Perl Script

Hey together,

i'm pretty new to service desk. We are working with hp service desk 4.5 and sp 8. Is there a possibility to extract attachments out of service desk an mail it via a perl script? I'v read there are some more functions that come along with sp12 and higher versions. Maybe there's this option in sp8, too. Or maybe some of you know a workaround?

Thanks in Advice

Peter P.
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Extracting Attachments out of HP Service Desk + Sending it via Perl Script

Hello Peter,

Gettings the attachments is not hard. Figuring out in what item are related to it's tricky. Maybe the best approach is to get the attachments through webapi (see http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1056387) and do whatever you want with them.

After SP16 the layout of the attachment folder on ftp is changed. However if you don't want to use WEBAPI you have to figure out the relations by the ftp path and as I wrote, it's tricky!
menes fhtagn
Peter P.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hey George,

thanks for your help. Is there another resource concerning the webapi, since the link you posted led me to a site which told me that the service is unavailable at the moment.

Simultaneous i try to figure out the dependency between the foldername of the ticket and it's attachment. It's category helps to locate it on the ftp server in general.

Thanks,

Peter
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Have a look at the attached java file. It is taken from the DOC folder of SP19 so it might not work with earlier versions.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event