The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting and importing OVSD Helpdesk Data

Highlighted
Sheshachala G S
Super Collector

Exporting and importing OVSD Helpdesk Data

Hi All,

I need some help on OVSD data export and import.

My requirement is something like this.

1. I have a Test Database where I had setup some Helpdesk data such as Organization Data, Sample incidents and Service Calls.

2. I need to take a backup of these helpdesk data and import into production database.

Please note that

- The two databases (test and production) are running on different hosts.

- The ORACLE SID for the two databases are different.

I need your help to achieve the above tasks.

I have tried following but unsuccessful.

1. Did an ACES export and import, by selecting all. However, I could see that the customized forms are exported/imported but not the data (sample incidents, organization data etc).

2. I did the basic Oracle's data export and import (using the commands exp and imp with proper export and import files). Got too many errors. Nothing got imported properly.

3. Tried backup and restore of OVSD Database thru 'sd_dbconfwizard -internal' (with -internal option). Even though the import succeeded with some warnings, I can't see the data in OVSD.

I'm not sure if I need to use the 'data exchange' here. If I understand correctly, the data exchange is for exchanging the data between OVSD and other system with an RDBMS, not between OVSD and OVSD.

Appreciate if any of you could help me on this.

Best regards,
Sheernali
3 REPLIES
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor

Re: Exporting and importing OVSD Helpdesk Data

Hi Sheernali,

I understand that you would like to import some data from a database (SD test) to the SD production database.
In this case you need to use the Data Exchange (export the data from the SD test DB in one or more .xls files and after that import the data into SD live DB).
You can use one import task or many tasks related to separately object (for example, one for Organization Data, another for Service Calls data, etc.).

Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor

Sorry please replace / read .xls to xml files.

Regards,
Mihai
Sheshachala G S
Super Collector

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for your reply.

I went thru the Data Exchange document. It looks quite complicated.

As my requirement is to back up all the helpdesk data and restore it onto another OVSD database, may I request you to put down instructions so that I can try it out here?

Best regards,
Sheshachala
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event