Export Attachments - possible without using "archiving" - SD 4.5 SP38

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Axel Jaskulski
Respected Contributor.

Export Attachments - possible without using "archiving" - SD 4.5 SP38

Dear all,

i've got another question. Is it somehow possible to export data from the database and the app server that includes the attachments ? I know about the archive function - but we don't want to remove the data .. - it should only be exported for

audit purpose.

thx in advance,

axel rose.

4 REPLIES
Err
Super Contributor.

Re: Export Attachments - possible without using "archiving" - SD 4.5 SP38

Hello,

As you know, in SD the attachments are stored in a separate FTP server, and in the DB, what you have saved are the links between SD records and their location in the FTP server.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

If your only concern is not removing the data, why not use Archiving with the supress deletion option?

The parameter "del=n" should do the trick.

Otherwise, my suggestion would be to script it.

The SD database -although in a criptic fashion- holds the physical location and file name in the FTP folder structure.  The documentation on the folder structure can tell you how to figure out the folder structure, filename and OID of the actual Service Desk item the attachment belongs to.

Give kudos if you find this answer helpful.

The Pike

Axel Jaskulski
Respected Contributor.

Hi, thx for the hint with the "del=n" parameter - i've not used this by now ..

Next thing is - i just saw that it doesn't seem to be possibly the archive configuration items - is this correct ?

Or is there a way to do this ?

thx again

The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

You are correct.  Archiving is only intended for Service Desk (module) items.  Configuration Items - same as Persons, Organizations, Workgroups are *not* Service Desk items.

Most Service Desk items have a short lifecycle span compared to CMDB and Organization items.

The Pike