Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exist other table where Attachment Information is SAVE?

Highlighted
Erika Fabiola G
Super Collector

Exist other table where Attachment Information is SAVE?

Hi,

I hope this time somebody can reply my message because i posted two related items about this topic but nobody answer me.

I need your support! The system is Service Desk 4.5 SP15 on Windows Sever 2003 R3. Actually the attachment section is working however we wanted to introcuce a FTP quota in order to control our disk space.

The situation is the follow;
- a record is created (Service Call, Incident, Problem, etc)
- several files are added by attachment process (the total size to save is bigger than quota)
- Saving record and immediatly appears a error message FTP 550 error : 281548308283540

I have checked REP_ATTACHMENTS using the ahs_att_oid field but the code_number that message show didn't exist on it ... so as i'm new in Service Desk enviroment i request your support to identify which other table maybe is capturing that number_code (ahs_att_oid)?

Any time when i pretend to save again the record, i received the same error but with diferent number_code or oid.

Thanks in advance!
Erika Gris
Monterrey
4 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Exist other table where Attachment Information is SAVE?

Hi Erika,

If you run a select against REP_ATTACHMENTS table, you should see the columns:

AHS_ENT_OID=represents the entity type (e.g. 724041768 means CHANGE).

AHS_ATT_OID=represents the entity item, which references the OID column of the corresponding entity table (e.g. ITSM_CHANGES).

So, based on that, I believe that the SQL query to find the specific record would be like this:

SELECT * FROM ITSM_CHANGES WHERE CHA_OID = 281548308283540

Hope this helps...

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Erika Fabiola G
Super Collector

Thank you! I already did that but i have detected the follow:

my repository (FTP) has a quota so when i save the record with attachment_file (bigger than quota) is save incomplete appearing an error with the ash_oid assigned as reference ... the worst part is even we remove the attach_file inside of the record, apply the save & close button unfortunly the repository (ftp folder) has already the attach_file ... it's alive :(
but the relation or record doesn't exist on rep_attachments, because it is on folder if i pretend introduce more attach_files the error come on.

How we can stop the file will be save if there's no enough space?

I accept suggestion, recommendation , best practices, etc ...

Thank in advance!
Erika Gris
Monterrey, Mexico
coldbeer
Occasional Visitor

Just buy some more disk. I had a ftp with 150GIG. (no quota). 4.5 has a one year life left. You can monitor disk space usage on the FTP slice. If it gets to 80% then think about increasing. Disk is cheap. Try and make an FTP slice which will give you 12-18 months of space. And Use the time you would have spent on setting up quota to learn SM7 or other.
Erika Fabiola G
Super Collector

Thanks! but you know if you give more space to users it never will be enough!!!,

Basically my problem is with the application when use the "Save & Close" option to close the record, the attachment files are saving but unfortunly if those have a size bigger than quota, an error message appears (normal) but those are alive under ftp area but no found on rep_attachments table.

As example, ftp quota equals 4MB so if the file to add has 4.85MB the application just save 4MB (so is not saving complete :( )

I assume the HP Service Desk works but pretending to apply quota the internal program can't understand the error so that's why save a partial file and the close process is NOT COmplete (there's no record or relation on attachment table).

I'll re-open a previous case related FTP 550 error with HP however somebody knows if exist a temporal table where detect attachments relation in order to verify size or create a rule as system command ?

Thanks in advance!
Erika Gris
Monterrey, Mexico.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event