The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute command in DB Rules - Which AD user account runs the command

Highlighted
Dave Furlani
Regular Collector

Execute command in DB Rules - Which AD user account runs the command

OVSD 4.5 SP15. SQL server backend. Win2003 server.

I want a DB rule to trigger to execute a VB script to make changes on remote PCs. All the details are in the service call, and this will save the call taker the time and effort of the manual steps.

Which AD user account would OVSD execute a command with? I assume the easiest method would be to add this account to a global AD group which has membership in the remote PCs local administrator group?

I'd rather do that than execute a script using a RunAs that then had to have the user account and password in flat text in the script.
2 REPLIES
Gerry Allardice
Honored Contributor

Re: Execute command in DB Rules - Which AD user account runs the command

Hi Dave,
It would run as the account which runs the Servicedesk Agent service. Probably system by default but you could change it to a domain account if required. You could also put the agent on another box and have the script executed there if you dont want to use the application server.

Regards
Gerry
Dave Furlani
Regular Collector

Re: Execute command in DB Rules - Which AD user account runs the command

Are there any tricks to setting up the SD Agent to run on the OVSD server as an AD user with global groups?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event