Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors while upgrading database, SD4.5 with MS SQL 2005.

Highlighted
Sneha V
Super Collector

Errors while upgrading database, SD4.5 with MS SQL 2005.

Hi,

I've installed SD 4.5 on Windows 2003 with MS SQL Server 2005 as database and upgraded to SP22. I've encountered some errors while I was upgrading the database.

The error is below:

#### Errors from the logdatabase.txt ######

The Database upgrade has finished.
Your Service Desk Application server was successfully started.
Some errors were encountered during the upgrade.
Please check the logdatabase.txt file in the log directory to assess the impact of the errors.
Examples of errors that are unlikely to impact the functioning of the application are:
- errors related to labels,
- errors related to messages,
- errors in dropping a column,
- errors in adding a constraint because the constraint already existed,

These errors are typically due to missing or changed data items related to functionality that
has been removed or was not installed.
We advise to test whether you can connect a Service Desk client to the running Application server.
You should be able to use the system without any problems.
Examples of errors that will impact the functioning of the application are:
- errors in inserting a table,
- errors in inserting a column,

If you have this type of error please contact support.

Some of the specific errors are:

The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "PAT_PAA_OID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "ovsdDB", table "dbo.REP_PAGEATTRIBUTES_LOCALE", column 'PAT_PAA_OID'.

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "COL_TAB_OID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "ovsdDB", table "dbo.IFC_TABLES", column 'TAB_OID'

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "COL_TAB_OID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "ovsdDB", table "dbo.IFC_TABLES", column 'TAB_OID'.

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "COL_TAB_OID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "ovsdDB", table "dbo.IFC_TABLES", column 'TAB_OID'.

##### End of Errors########

There are 16 such errors related to DB upgrade.
But my application server is running fine and I am able to login. What is the impact of these errors? How do I eliminate these errors?

Thanks
Sneha.
2 REPLIES
Eric Ung
Frequent Visitor

Re: Errors while upgrading database, SD4.5 with MS SQL 2005.

Hi Sneha.
We had a similar issue when we updated from SP17 to SP22. The system seemed to work fine even though the Database Wizard reported errors. These errors continue to show in the Serverlog.
We had to log a support call with HP and supplied us a SQL Delete script to remove some objects. The system is now working error free.
Sneha V
Super Collector

Re: Errors while upgrading database, SD4.5 with MS SQL 2005.

Hi Eric,

Will it be possible for you to provide me those scripts?

Thanks
Sneha.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event