Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Error while exporting the Data into Service Desk

Highlighted
Kumar_17
Honored Contributor.

Error while exporting the Data into Service Desk

Hello,

While updating the Configuration Item records in Service Desk, the data is not getting updated and is logging the below mentioned error in logs, though the values in each record get changed.

"While processing AGENTSWINDOWSINFO (id = 1):
A configuration item with this search code already exists. For a unique configuration item you must enter a unique search code.
While processing AGENTSWINDOWSINFO (id = 2):
A configuration item with this search code already exists. For a unique configuration item you must enter a unique search code.
While processing AGENTSWINDOWSINFO (id = 3):
While processing AGENTSWINDOWSINFO (id = 4):
A configuration item with this search code already exists. For a unique configuration item you must enter a unique search code."

Any pointers on what could be the issue.

Regards,
Arun
4 REPLIES
Jeff Lawrence
Super Contributor.

Re: Error while exporting the Data into Service Desk

sounds like your "unique" searchcode is already in the the database and the import is not able to create a new record and sees that "unique" search code already and thus the error message. It will however update that unique search code's record. Do you want to update your existing data or did you want to add new data? If you want to add new data then you need new search codes that are not already in your database.
Ganesha Sridhar
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Arun,

I have tried updating existing CI's using import, and it works fine.

The possible solution for the error could be:
1. In the "FieldMapping - Search Code" window of import mapping please check "This field is used for key binding" check box.

2. If you have identified any field other than CI Search code as Unique same thing should be provided (marked as Unique key as in step 1)

HTH

Regards
Ganesha Sridhara
Kumar_17
Honored Contributor.

Hello,

Thanks for your responses. I donot want to add a record but I want to update the existing records.

Regards,
Arun
Kumar_17
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ganesh,

I have already selected the Search Code as unique, and its the only attribte which is unique.

Regards,
Arun