Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using sd_dataform

Highlighted
Colleen Talbert
Collector

Error using sd_dataform

I have a UI Rule set up to create a Service Call from a Change that has been working for a while now, until today. My users are getting an error that says, "The data area passed to a system call is too small."

Anyone come across this or have any idea what it means?

Thanks,
Colleen
5 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Error using sd_dataform

Hi Colleen,

Has anything chnaged since it worked (e.g. put in a SP?, numbers gone over some threshold like 1000?)

Can you post more details - what SP, the details of the UI rule and does the command work if you type it in a DOS box by hand?

Regards,

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Colleen Talbert
Collector

Ruth,

No, nothing has really changed. We're on SP17 and have been for some time. Here's the UI Rule: When a value has changed
where Template equals Create Network Account
AND Assignment;Assignment Status (*) equals Closed
Create PS-HR Service Call (Smart action)

And here's the parameters for the smart action: "Service Call" "+Caller=[Requestor;Search code]" "+Description=Create PeopleSoft HR Account for [Result]" "+Information=USERID:[Result] [Information]"

I have not tried via command line, but I will give that a shot and let you know the results. Let me know if you see anything odd here, though.

Thanks,
Colleen
Mariano Bonina
Regular Collector

Collen, in command line execute ok.
You can check in other PC client.
Check enviroment path, java version, and roles for create SC.
Colleen Talbert
Collector

I have confirmed for the user that it works via command line and it works on my client, too.

He is a heavy user and nothing has changed for him, so I'm still not sure why this error pops up all the sudden.

Please help, since, as I said he is a heavy user and gets this error several times in a week.

Thanks,
Colleen
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Colleen,

Nothing occurs to me immediately from the details of your paramters so the only thing I can suggest is that you ask the user to note the details of the Result and information fields that you are passing across in case that it is the contents of these which triggers the error.

Basically, it it works most of the time, you need to find out what is significant when it does not work and looking at your parameters, the only bits that change are the fields you pass across.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event