Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using Approvals in Service Pages

Highlighted
Leon B_1
Collector

Error using Approvals in Service Pages

Hello All

I get the following error message after clicking on the voting link while in the Approval Service Pages.

Error- an exception was thrown.
Exception details- No error message available

It seems as if there is some sort of issue with the ApprovalVote.jsp page, but I'm not too sure how to get around this.

Everything was working before, but I had not tested this functionality for the last couple of weeks.

Has anyone seen this before?

Regards,
9 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Error using Approvals in Service Pages

HI
run from web browser http://www.ww.com:8080/sd-sp45/Approval.jsp?vWorkorder=[Number], is it open? if not stop the Tomcat clear Tomcat cache from all files and run again.

Vassili
Leon B_1
Collector

Hi There

I tried the URL that you provided (changing the parts that pertain to our system) and received an error.

I should have told you, I am using OVSD 5 and the URL it is trying to bring up is:

http://servername/ServicePages/ApprovalVote.jsp?vChange=00000000-0000-0000-0319-acb2bc69ba11&vVote=00000000-0000-0000-0319

Can I ask, where is the Apache cache?

Regards,
Leon
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

I spoke about Tomcat, Tomcat compile jsp to class and store those files to \Tomcat 5.0\work\Catalina\localhost\sd-sp45
Beliave your version folder maust have name ServicePages, so ...Catalina\localhost\ServicePages

Vassili
Leon B_1
Collector

Oops I meant Tomcat, thanks Vassili. In OVSD5 there is a folder named ServicePages which has the following folders:
- images
- META-INF
- WEB-INF

I'm not too sure where abouts the cache folder is, so what file types would I be looking at deleting?

Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

You look on soure folder!!!
C:\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\sd-sp45 - there is source
C:\Tomcat 5.0\work\Catalina\localhost\sd-sp45 - there is a real working folded

see defference?

Vassili
Leon B_1
Collector

I now see the difference!

However, in SD5 the folder structure appears to be different and I cannot seem to find the working folder for the service pages.

Maybe someone who has SD5 Service Pages can point me in the direction of the folder?
Rach Pepperdine
Super Collector

Hi Leon,

I believe it's under:

C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\www\webapps\ServicePages

Hope this helps
Rachel
Leon B_1
Collector

It doesn't appear as if there is a cache folder in there however.

Do you know where the Tomcat cache folder might be for SD5?
Leon B_1
Collector

I tried renaming the directory in C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\nonOV\tomcat\a\work\Catalina and still no go.

I have also since tried uninstall/ reinstalling/ repairing and I still get that error.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event