Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message on Service Pages 4.5

Highlighted
Spyros Antoniou
Regular Collector

Error message on Service Pages 4.5

Hello all,
I have just installed SD45 and Service pages and trying to load SP from iexplorer I get the following error:

2006-07-26 08:41:04 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: sun/tools/javac/Main
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:485)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:190)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1012)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.java:136)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:272)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:552)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:177)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:189)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:190)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1012)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Could someone please point me to the problem.
Thank you in advance

Spyros
13 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Error message on Service Pages 4.5

HI
Are you install correct version of SUN Java? is it version supported by your Tomcat version?

Vassili
Christian Nilss
Collector

Hi!

Check if your JAVA_HOME system varible is set to correct eg. c:\java142_09\bin

service pages need to be compiled throw javac.exe

good luck!

regards
christian
Spyros Antoniou
Regular Collector

Thank you for your replies, I will check tomorrow at the office and let you know of the result.

Clarification:
Do I need to point to c:\java142_09\bin directory or only to c:\java142_09 ?
Because today I created JAVA_HOME and pointed to c:\java131_03 and not bin and it did not work.

Thank you in advance.
Spyros
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Spyro,

From another post I saw that you are using SP16. If this is correct, do not try to use java 1_4xxx or greater. Java 1.4.2 is supported for SP18, SP19 or SP17 with http://openview.hp.com/sso/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=SDSK_00072 also applied.

The default java shipped with the installation CD (1_3_03) should work out of the box.
menes fhtagn
Spyros Antoniou
Regular Collector

Hello again,
George thank you for contributing also to this question.
I reinstalled Java SDK 131_03 again on the system, and set the JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.3.1_03
but nothing, again no luck , attaching a screenshot if it might help further.
Thank you for your help in advance.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Spyro,

Is the Service Pages at tha same SP as the application server ?
menes fhtagn
Spyros Antoniou
Regular Collector

Hi George,
both of the apps, SD and SP are on the same Service Pack 13. Maybe this SP has some issues, also regarding my other problem.

Thank you
Spyros
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Spyro,

We used SP13 quite a while because SP14 and SP15 had a bug that seriously affected us and we have not any problems neither with Service Desk console nor with Service Pages.

Try to uninstall completely service pages and java then reboot. Install the java shipped with Service Desk CD and reboot. Install Service Pages from the CD and then install the service pack.

However you could try to install a greater service pack (server & service pages) -SP17 is recommended- to a test server and see what happens. If the problem solved then clearly the problem will be with SP13 and the only think you could make is either open a support call to HP or upgrade.
menes fhtagn
Spyros Antoniou
Regular Collector

Good Morning George,
thank you for your answer. I followes your instructions but again it does not work.
Does it matter that I have installed SD and SP on D: drive instead of C:\program files\hp....
?
Both Java_home and Tomcat_home are set correctly. Anything else?
Do I need to setup something in the System Options from within Service Desk Client in order for Service pages to work?

Thank you in advance.
Spyros
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Good morning Spyro,

I don't think that there is a problem with the installation path. I also have installed Server on D:

Well, I'm out of options. Is it difficult to set up a test server with service pages of higher SP version?
menes fhtagn
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

there is no problem running OVSD and SP in different drive paths.

Are you running web console by any chance?
Spyros Antoniou
Regular Collector

Thank you all, I found that the Tomcat service for some reason was not created correctly and thus the service was starting but did not contain the correct paths to load the pages.
I found out running the Start Tomcat command from Start..Programs..etc.

Thank you again for your answers and time.

Regards
Spyros
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Spyros,

A colleague sent me the fix below about a year ago but I cannot remember the actual error it fixed so it may not help.

1. Start regedit.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\hp OpenView servicedesk 4.5 tomcat\parameters 3. Under Parameters, you shoulkd find a value with a name of "JVM Library" which I think will be pointing to the 1.4 JRE. Modify this value to point to "C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1_03\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll" (just confirm that this is the correct path to this file in Windows explorer too).

Restart the tomcat service and it should hopefully work after that.

Hope this helps

Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event