SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Error Update All - Service Calls Process

Hey, Friends!

This is a situation:

I created a Text custom field and I would like to copy informations from Priority field for this new Text field. Though, when I selected the calls and solicited for to applicate Update All on the field CPriority appears a error. The same happens when I select a one register. In the other processes (Incident, Change, Work Order, Problem...), this event dont happen and Update All executes usually.

I tried to copy the cache file of the other computer and replaced mine. But the error persisted.

What can you happening?
Please, check my screenshot...

Regards,

Marcela.
9 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Error Update All - Service Calls Process

Hello Marcela,

The text on the error box is selectable. Can you paste it instead of posting the screenshot?
If you cannot select the text from the messagebox, please check the server log file. Chances are that the error had been logged and you can paste it from there, instead.
menes fhtagn
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

George, hey!

The error:

This selection is invalid:
"Actual Cost,Actual Duration,Actual Finish,Actual Start,Approval Sub[#Approvers Required,Approval group,Deadline,Description,#Approved approvers,NrOfApprovers,Approval Status Sub[Ordering,IsActiveStatus,IsInactiveStatus,IsReadyStatus,OID],Approval Votes Sub[OID,Lock seq.]],Approval Information,Assignment Sub[Assignment Priority,Assignment Status,External Deadline,Information from sender,Reference #,To external Organization,To workgroup Sub[Name,OID,Member Sub[Person,OID,Lock seq.],Time Zone,Opening Hours,Holidays,Status,Registration Sub[Created,Created by Sub[OID],Modified,Modified by],Attachment Sub[Attachment exists,Attached items Sub[File Name,OID,Lock seq.]],Folder,History Sub[OID,Lock seq.],Entered by person Sub[Name,OID],Search code],To person Sub[Name,OID],From person Sub[Name,Search code,OID],To external Person Sub[Organization,OID],From workgroup Sub[Name,Search code,Status,Registration Sub[Created,Created by Sub[OID],Modified,Modified by],Attachment Sub[Attachment exists,Attached items Sub[File Name,OID,Lock seq.]],Folder,History Sub[OID,Lock seq.],Entered by person Sub[Name,OID],Member Sub[Person,OID,Lock seq.],OID]],Categor&y,Sc. Text 10,Classification,Closure code,CPriority,Ser. Shorttext 3,CTurn,CUser Satisfaction,Deadline,Description,Early finish,Early start,FAQ Group,Folder,Frequently Asked Question,Hardware Cost (R$),Impact,Information,Initiator,Late finish,Late start,Max. duration,Medium,Planned Cost,Planned Duration,Planned Finish,Planned Start,Priority,Tendency,Registration Sub[Created,Created by Sub[OID],Modified,Modified by],Requestor,Time to Attend,Sc. Number 8,Service Cost (R$),Software Cost (R$),Solution,Source ID,Status,Subcontract call Sub[Subcontract call from incident,Subcontract call from servicecall],Sc. Text 11,Time Attend,Time to Attend,Turn,User Satisfaction,Wait for Work Order Completion,Workaround,ID,Caller Sub[Name,Organization,Time Zone,OID],Caller Sub[Ramal,OID],Service Sub[Name,OID,Service type],Configuration Item Sub[Name 1,OID,Unique,Search code],OID,Lock seq.,Attachment Sub[Attachment exists,Attached items Sub[File Name]],History Sub[],Entered by person Sub[Name,OID],Open duration,Estimated finish,Registered,Remain duration,To deadline,Service Level Sub[OID],SLA Sub[Service Level,Service,OID,Provider Organization Sub[Time Zone,OID],Organizations Sub[],To person Sub[OID],To workgroup Sub[Status,Registration Sub[Created,Created by Sub[OID],Modified,Modified by],Attachment Sub[Attachment exists,Attached items Sub[File Name]],Folder,History Sub[],Entered by person Sub[Name,OID],Name,Search code,Member Sub[Person],OID],To external Person Sub[OID],To external Organization Sub[OID],Applied time zone],Organization Sub[Parent,Time Zone,OID]"
"Caller" occurs more than once.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Marcela,

I don't think that this error has anything to do with your custom field but let's check it out. Could you update for the same service calls another field, to see if this error occurs again?
menes fhtagn
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello, George!

Please, check my screenshot. I utilized the Information field and the same error appears.

THE ERROR...
This selection is invalid:
"Actual Cost,Actual Duration,Actual Finish,Actual Start,Approval Sub[#Approvers Required,Approval group,Deadline,Description,#Approved approvers,NrOfApprovers,Approval Status Sub[Ordering,IsActiveStatus,IsInactiveStatus,IsReadyStatus,OID],Approval Votes Sub[OID,Lock seq.]],Approval Information,Assignment Sub[Assignment Priority,Assignment Status,External Deadline,Information from sender,Reference #,To external Organization,To workgroup Sub[Name,OID,Member Sub[Person,OID,Lock seq.],Time Zone,Opening Hours,Holidays,Status,Registration Sub[Created,Created by Sub[OID],Modified,Modified by],Attachment Sub[Attachment exists,Attached items Sub[File Name,OID,Lock seq.]],Folder,History Sub[OID,Lock seq.],Entered by person Sub[Name,OID],Search code],To person Sub[Name,OID],From person Sub[Name,Search code,OID],To external Person Sub[Organization,OID],From workgroup Sub[Name,Search code,Status,Registration Sub[Created,Created by Sub[OID],Modified,Modified by],Attachment Sub[Attachment exists,Attached items Sub[File Name,OID,Lock seq.]],Folder,History Sub[OID,Lock seq.],Entered by person Sub[Name,OID],Member Sub[Person,OID,Lock seq.],OID]],Categor&y,Sc. Text 10,Classification,Closure code,CPriority,Ser. Shorttext 3,CTurn,CUser Satisfaction,Deadline,Description,Early finish,Early start,FAQ Group,Folder,Frequently Asked Question,Hardware Cost (R$),Impact,Information,Initiator,Late finish,Late start,Max. duration,Medium,Planned Cost,Planned Duration,Planned Finish,Planned Start,Priority,Tendency,Registration Sub[Created,Created by Sub[OID],Modified,Modified by],Requestor,Time to Attend,Sc. Number 8,Service Cost (R$),Software Cost (R$),Solution,Source ID,Status,Subcontract call Sub[Subcontract call from incident,Subcontract call from servicecall],Sc. Text 11,Time Attend,Time to Attend,Turn,User Satisfaction,Wait for Work Order Completion,Workaround,ID,Caller Sub[Name,Organization,Time Zone,OID],Caller Sub[Ramal,OID],Service Sub[Name,OID,Service type],Configuration Item Sub[Name 1,OID,Unique,Search code],OID,Lock seq.,Attachment Sub[Attachment exists,Attached items Sub[File Name]],History Sub[],Entered by person Sub[Name,OID],Open duration,Estimated finish,Registered,Remain duration,To deadline,Service Level Sub[OID],SLA Sub[Service Level,Service,OID,Provider Organization Sub[Time Zone,OID],Organizations Sub[],To person Sub[OID],To workgroup Sub[Status,Registration Sub[Created,Created by Sub[OID],Modified,Modified by],Attachment Sub[Attachment exists,Attached items Sub[File Name]],Folder,History Sub[],Entered by person Sub[Name,OID],Name,Search code,Member Sub[Person],OID],To external Person Sub[OID],To external Organization Sub[OID],Applied time zone],Organization Sub[Parent,Time Zone,OID]"
"Caller" occurs more than once.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Then the error lies in Service Desk itself. If I recall correctly you had similar problems with update all on the past and that you are using Service Desk 4.5 without any service pack. My advice is either to upgrade to a service pack (after testing) or try to open a support call to Hewlett-Packard.
menes fhtagn
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

George,

Thank you very much for your support and attention. Just onde more question...

Today, If I want to create a new custom field on the Service call process and updated him, I cant. Because this error will go to persist? is it?

Regards,

Marcela.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Marcela,

It seems that "Update All" doesn't work for your service calls. I think you should contact HP, only them can help.

Or try to upgrade to a newer version to a test environment and check what happens.

4.5 SP17 will be released soon (i guess somewhere in the next month), SD 5 is almost out, it's pitty to use plain old 4.5
menes fhtagn
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

George, hey!

Thank you very much.

Could yoy take a look my thread "Chart View By Priority?

Regards,

Marcela.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

George, hellowww!!!!

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Marcela.