The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No calls Are comin in service desk

Highlighted
Naveen kesari_1
Collector

Error: No calls Are comin in service desk

Dear Expert,
we were getting calls from OVOW 7.5, SIM 5.0 and NNM 7.5 On windows. when we integrated them with sd On Windows. But now not even a single call is coming from them. We have service desk 4.5 installed with Service pack 21. i have attached log file of the service desk , OVOW and NNM along with this thread.
Be Positive
3 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Error: No calls Are comin in service desk

Hi,

check your sd_event_error log, it is showing you the error:
for incidents the following fields are required: description

And, here is the VALUE_LIST you are sending (form the same log, notice how the value for description is empty):

username=insightmanager#
password=XXXXX#
mapping=external_event#
className=incident#
modus=INSERT#
event_id=HPSIM_12#
category=Hardware#
ci=progrimcsn003#
description=# <-- Empty??
information=Event Name: Discovered System\nEvent originator: progrimcsn003\nEvent Severity: Informational\nEvent received: 27-Nov-2007, 03:46:14\nEvent description: This event is created whenever a system has been discovered. The Discovered System event can not be deleted. If this is seen from a notification task, that task was configured to run using new or removed entries from a system list and likely the system status changed. See the help text on creating notification tasks for additional information.\n \n\nCurrent Device Status: Normal\nCurrent Time: 10-Dec-2007, 17:44:28 GMT+05:30\n#IM_WORKGROUP=SERVER#

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Naveen kesari_1
Collector

Hi Randall,

As you told me that the description fied is empty in the error log file i have also noticed that point but the problem is that where should i write the description or where to insert the description field and what would be its value.\

And secondly i want to know that if i am integrating the service desk4.5 sp 21 with open view other tools like NNM and OVOW then in mapping filed there is same expression that is External_mapping.....I want to know that if this value will remain same for all these integrations.

Thanks,
Naveen Keshari
Be Positive
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

may I recomend you to take a look at the Data Exchange Admin Guide, it contains an entire chapter that explains the "Integration With Network Node Manager", as well integration with other tools.

Mapping configuration should work similar for othe integrations then.

The doc can be download from:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM4269/binary/sd45_de_eng_pdf

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event