Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Error Message: 'Item cannot be saved, because another user has changed it after you opened it.'

Highlighted
Richard Mant
Contributor.

Error Message: 'Item cannot be saved, because another user has changed it after you opened it.'

I am experiencing the error message above when trying to submit an email (with attachment) as an update to a call. Our web interface allows a user to create new calls or update existing calls with the option of adding an attachment. When a call is created or updated the call information is passed using the web api; if an attachment exists this is then emailed as an update to the call. In some circumstances the emailed attachment is failing. We have a number of database rules which run when a call is created/amended. One theory we have is that the database rules are still running when the attachment is mailed to the server causing a conflict. Is there anyway of telling whether a call is ready to receive an attachment? Can anyone think of a more elegant solution to adding an attachment to a call (using the web api between two boxes)?

TIA
2 REPLIES
MarkvL
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Error Message: 'Item cannot be saved, because another user has changed it after you opened it.'

Hello Richard,

This is a known issue, please take a look at the following document;

http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=ITSM006913

Solved in SP11 and above.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Richard Mant
Contributor.

Re: Error Message: 'Item cannot be saved, because another user has changed it after you opened it.'

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the information and link. Unfortunately I am unable to view that document at present as my passport account doesn't seem to have sufficent permission. I should have also said in my original post we are running Service Desk 4.5 (SP 15).

Thanks,

Richard