Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Error:Java.langNullPointerException

Highlighted
Naveen kesari_1
Honored Contributor.

Error:Java.langNullPointerException

Hi Friends,
I am using Service Desk 4.5 with SP 14 in win Server.when i click on the Closed then its giving the error:
option under Incident Status tab on SD console.Please help me in resolving
the error.

I am sending you the snapshot of the error.
Kindly find the attached snapshot.

Thanks,
Naveen
Be Positive
4 REPLIES
Svajdlenka
New Member.

Re: Error:Java.langNullPointerException

Hello Naveen,

HPSD is written in Java and nullpointerexception is most common error in Java. If Java program is perfect than all errors are treated. But there is no perfect program in Java (maybe except "Hello World"). HPSD is too inperfect.

nullpointerexception means that some program code wanted to do something with some object (in your case maybe "list of incidents", maybe not). But the problem is, that no object was given to the code, only NULL(nothing).
Naveen kesari_1
Honored Contributor.

Hi Svajdlenka,

I don't understand what u want to say......Please give me the right solution its very urjent and this problem coming the live Servicedesk.

Please help me....
Thanks,
Naveen
Be Positive
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I could not understand very well the steps to reproduce the error, but are you having this problem with all clients or just 1 PC?

If it is just 1 client, try clearing out the SD client cache.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Naveen kesari_1
Honored Contributor.

Hi,
i have Install client of one PC and remove the cache folder even same problem coming in Servicedesk Application server.

I think Is any memory problem becouse sddatabase size is 900 mb so how can i remove the old date of databse.

Thanks,
Naveen
Be Positive