SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Engr Assignment problem in Service Pages

Hi All,

We are working on SD4.5 with SP4.

A call is still reflecting in "My Group Open Calls" even after it has been picked by an engineer and assigned to himself. Hence the call gets picked by multiple engineers.

Pls help on the issue

Rgds
Harini.G
10 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Engr Assignment problem in Service Pages

Hi Harini,

Have you set up the auto-refresh interval? Is this an issue with the view, or with the refresh option?

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Hi Saurabh,

Where do we check that for Service pages?

Rgds
Harini.G
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Harini,

If you are facing this issue in Service Pages, then my apologies. I had suggested for Client.

In Service Pages, where are you getting this issue - in restricted list or full list? Restricted list will have stuff assigned to you, and full list will have stuff assigned to anyone in your group. I guess you need to change the filter on the view that is used for this display.

In Admin Console -> Service Pages, identify the view being used for this, and edit the filter to include "[Assignment to] is empty".

That should help you out...

hope i got the issue correctly...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Hi Saurabh,

I have checked as advised and found everything ok.

The problem is that when an engineer is assigning a call to himself, another engineer of the same group is also able to view the call and edit. I donot want this to happen. Have attached a screenshot of the problem.

Trust you will get my point.

Rgds
Harini.G
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Harini,

If the issue is with regards to one engineer assigning a call to himself and then at the same time another engineer doing the same - i.e. that of two engineer's picking up a call at the same time - there is not much you can do about it. Here's a small workaround. Modify the procedure to add a "Save and Close" the moment the call is assigned to the engineer. And provide modify access to the calls assigned to the user. This will give view only access to the user who has opened the call once the call has already been assigned.

Hope it was a clear explanation...

Regards,

Saurabh
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Harini,

Here's a clearer explanation.

1. In your process/procedure, tell the engineers' that they have to "Save and Close" the call immediately after they assign it to themselves.

2. Go to Admin Console -> Security -> Access -> Roles. Go to the engineer role. Click on Service Call and then click Details. Here, Allow Modify for "Calls assigned to the user"

This will make it simpler.

hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Hi Saurabh,

This was just like a class session for me. Thanks a ton for the same.

Just wanted to confirm, if i do this, i.e., slect Modify "When assigned to user", how can an engr assign call to himself when it shud reflect in workgroup's open calls?

Pls clarify.

Rgds
Harini.G
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Hi Saurabh,

Its not working.... pls help

Rgds
Harini.G
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI Harini,

Sorry for the late reply. I realized what must be happening as per the suggestion. Noone will be able to pick up a call, since nothing will be accessible when the call is not assigned to the any user.

I'll find a solution for it and get back to you. Though I can give a suggestion. For most cases, there is a helpdesk person who assigns the calls to engineer, who will then work on the call. That's the setup we have.

You can use one small workaround.

You can create a pickup ID - PickupEngineer, and assign all calls to that ID by default. Then the person who needs to pick up the call can log-in using that ID, pickup a call and then log-out (to release the ID).
This way, only one person will be able to pickup up a call at one point of time.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks a lot for your concern.

This is the exact problem I am facing. Hope there is a solution for it.

Thanks once again.
Rgds
Harini.G