Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Engineers not allowed to close the call

Highlighted
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Engineers not allowed to close the call

Hi,

I am using hpsd 4.5 sp13.I want that engineers should not be allowed to close the call but they should update the status as completed.I have already defined rules for auto close of calls.
Can I restrict the user to select that particular status?

Regards,
Akhil
4 REPLIES
Ganesha Sridhar
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Engineers not allowed to close the call

Hello Akhil,

The value list can not be restricted based on the user login.

Using UI rule you can display alert message.
The screen shots are documented.

HTH

Regards
Ganesha Sridhara
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Akhil,

I am assuming that you have a status "Completed", which comes before a status "Closed".

In Role -> Service Call -> Details -> Status Access set the range of statuses for which your engineers can modify a service call. Exclude the status Closed.

In this way, your engineers will not be allowed to select "Closed" as a status, and when the status is "Closed", the service call will be read only for them.

-Josh
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Ganesha/Josiah,

Thanks for your inputs..

Ganesh: I tried yoour solution and not surprisingly it worked but I want to restrict engineer from selecting Closed tatus.By your method, it only gives a notification but saves the call.

Josiah: I am using sp13 and in details option of service call, I could not get a separate tab for status access.

Can you help me more please?

Regards,
Akhil
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

I found the solution.In UI rule, along with notification, I added limit range option and provided the range of status except closed.This works fine.

Thanks to both of you..Hope I could give you more points !!!

Regards,
Akhil