The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing in HTML format

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jake Lundberg (
Occasional Visitor

Emailing in HTML format

SD 4.5 SP17

I'd like to email out in actual HTML format so I can create hyperlinks to Service Pages and automatically generate emails with the proper subject format (which I realize can be gotten around with subsequent service packs, but that's not an option at this time). Is there a way to force SD to email in HTML?

Or is it possible I'm running into an Outlook/Exchange issue? When I create hyperlinks they don't link:

Add Information

But this will:

But displays the text as shown above (which can of course be gotten around with education, but I'm trying to make it as easy as possible).

It is your mind that creates this world
2 REPLIES
Raman Shcharbak
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Emailing in HTML format

html e-mail really are e-mails with attached .html files with possibly empty text portion. So you have to find a way to dynamicalldy create an html attachement and attach it to your e-mail in a special way, so that it would be treated as html email, not just as attached file. Another way is to write a program in java using web-api
Jake Lundberg (
Occasional Visitor

Re: Emailing in HTML format

Thanks, I opened a case with HP and they said it's a possible enhancement. I'll look into a custom interface as well.
It is your mind that creates this world
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event