cancel

Email alerts not sending

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Anthony Dalferr
Honored Contributor.

Email alerts not sending

We are having a strange situation regaurding the option "Send me an email when items are assigned to me". I am a member of multiple groups. Whenever a call is assigned to one of those groups, I get an email stating that a call has been opened. But there is one group that I do not get that from. The group is called "IE & S Interactive" I was wondering if this is caused by the "&" that is in the name?
6 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Email alerts not sending

Hi Anthony,

Are there any error messages in logserver.txt? It might be worth turning email debug on (Tools>System>System Panel>Email) and seeing if you get anything useful appear.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

The & should not be the issue.
Check and make sure that "send me an email" is checked for those clients in that group (tools/options/adv) also is anyone related to that group?

the logserver file is most helpful when you turn on email debug in the system panel.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Anthony Dalferr
Honored Contributor.

Checking that option on those clients was my first thought. So I added myself to the group in question and I don't get the emails. I am looking through the logserver now to see if I see anything.

A quick size note, how do I keep the logserver.txt file from growing so large?
Gyula Matics_1
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Could it be that some other members of that workgroup have email addresses with invalid characters?
Anthony Dalferr
Honored Contributor.

Invalid characters no, incorrect spelling of an email yes. Turns out there was a misspelled email address in a person record that was causing the error.

Thank you everyone.
Marc Hummel
Outstanding Contributor.

Anthony,
You asked about the log file.
If you go into tools/system/system panel/general settings you will see a checkbox for "debug" wiht that checked the log file will grow very fast depending on the rules you have firing.
Turn it off unless you need to troubleshoot then you can go back in and turn it on.
Also what I do every so often is simply copy the old log to an archive.
Anyway, good luck.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.