cancel

Email Notification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jeff Poling
Outstanding Contributor.

Email Notification

I would like to come up with some way to alert technicians when a History Item is added to a service call. Is there a way to do this with SD 4.5? A DB rule? UI Rule? Some other way?

Thanks,

Jeff
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Email Notification

Hi Jeff,

If you mean - can you use adding a line of system history as a trigger - I think the answer is no. The user would have to make some other change to the SC to act as the trigger.

Sorry, regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Jeff Poling
Outstanding Contributor.

Ruth,

Thanks. . .I did want to use adding the history item as the trigger. . .oh well

Jeff
GwenH
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Jeff,

If a History Item is updated, that means a field has been updated. Do you want to send an email alert when a specific field has been updated? If so this can be done, you just need to build a condition that triggers the email to send when that field is modified.

Or are you just interested in sending an email everytime the Service Call is modified. This can also be done using the registration modified date. You wouldn't be able to identify what was modified, but you could identify that someone had logged on and saved the Service Call, thereby modifying the registration modified date. Using this method could become annoying because it could trigger an email if someone just looks at and saves a Service Call.