Did you mean: 

Email Attachments

Highlighted
Alok Shrotri
Frequent Visitor

Email Attachments

Hi,
I have SD4.5 with SP20

When a Service Call is raised through Email with Attachments, 3 files get attached to it.

1. content.html: When opened, this shows the email used in html format. This is created even if email does not have an attachment. Is it the default setting when 'Insert Attachments Allowed' is checked? How to configure that it is not attached?

2. content.txt: This is an empty txt file. Not sure why and how it is getting attached to the service call. How to configure that it is not attached?

3. Actual attachment file: Works perfect.

I login as System Admin. Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Alok Shrotri
4 REPLIES
jconsola20
Occasional Visitor

Re: Email Attachments

1 and 2 are created whenever a Service Call is registered via email. I'm not aware of a way to make that not so.
Alok Shrotri
Frequent Visitor

I got to the know the root cause of this also.

If the email is composed in Rich-Text format, these attachments are created in Service call.

But if the email is composed in Plain-Text format, it can be avoided.

Cheers,
Alok
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

That's because how email works. If you create an email in plain text and add attachment, the mail has the main part (text) and attachment part.

If you compose the email in HTML or RichText, it creates HTML/RichText part, creates the part for attachment and (as a fallback for older clients) pure-text copy of RichText/HTML part.

Now the HTML/RichText part acts as an attachments - it 's just email clients hide this from us. SD is however not that smart and handles that as attachment.
Alok Shrotri
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event