cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Attachments running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007

Highlighted
Rory Emmans

Email Attachments running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007

We have just migrated a few users to Exchange 2007 servers and now they can no longer send emails with attachments to the SD email listener and create a ticket. Work fine without attachment. I have seen some discussions about 3 extra fields in Exchange 2007 that need to be stripped of via pearl or? Does anybody have any detail how and where this is done. I have attached the error below that we receive when sending to the email listener with attachments via Exchange Server 2007

The following error(s) occurs:
---------------------------------------------------
Error when put file C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\tmp\19-image001.png;size=4907;creation-date=Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:09:36 GMT;modification-date=Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:09:36 GMT!#! to attachment server: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\tmp\19-image001.png;size=4907;creation-date=Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:09:36 GMT;modification-date=Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:09:36 GMT!#! (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
---------------------------------------------------
14 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Email Attachments running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007

Hi
Use the last service pack for SD. working correctly begin sp27.

Vasily
Rory Emmans

SP27 is not a option right now due to Java requirements of 1.5 and Westbury SRM not supporting it yet. Need to have a work around for this, any ideas?
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

In exchange 2k7 changed the attachment description and now your sd try to wrote file with name
"19-image001.png;size=4907;creation-date=Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:09:36 GMT;modification-date=Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:09:36 GMT!#!", but correct must be "19-image001.png!#!". You application server can't correctly parse the body. If you can't use sp27, start from sp25.

Vasily
Rory Emmans

Can you give me some more detail on this. You say to start on SP25 is there a setting in exchange 2007 for attachments?
Rory Emmans

Does anybody have a example of a perl script or details that strips the three extra columns from attachments so SD 4.5 SP25 can work with Exchange 2007
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Hi
No settings, the problem in how the systems describe the attachment in email's body -
this is the part of ordinary email's body:
Content-Type: application/octet-stream;
name="Availability Doc.pdf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="Availability Doc.pdf"

This is part of email's body from Exc. 2k7 :
Content-Type: application/pdf; name="Doc.pdf"
Content-Description: Doc.pdf
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Doc.pdf"; size=357340;
creation-date="Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:53:22 GMT";
modification-date="Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:27:07 GMT"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

E-mail parser can resolve exc. 2k7 sysntaxis only from sp25. You need update your application server by sp25 of higest.

Vasily
Rory Emmans

Thanks for your replies to this posting. I knew it was fixed in later SP releases but that is NOT possible at this time because of the Requirement of Java 1.5. SRM does not currently support this. HP does not have a hotfix for this issue with SP25 so we are going to develop a script that strips those three fields on the attached fiel before it hits the SD listener.
Bernalyn
Occasional Advisor

Hi,is the service pack you mentioned for the Exchange Server 2007? or on the Java server?
Rory Emmans

For the Service Desk Application server. My understanding it is SP26 that fixes this. I have just installed it but we have not removed the script that we have develeped to work around this issue
Bernalyn
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your updates, would you know if there are service pack for Exchange Server to remove the parameters?
Boughariou Anou
Collector

Hi All
i have the same issue, can you help me please
thanks
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

The problem fixed by servicepack starting from 27.

Vasily
Jawwad Ul Haq
Occasional Advisor

Hi Rory,

We are having the same problem, users have started migrating to Outlook 2010 and email messages send to Service Desk 4.5 with attachments are bounced back. We found that its only email with attachments, message from outlook without attachments.

Can you share with us the script you developed. Or can you share the three fields which are different inoutlook message.

Regards
Jawwad
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Jawwad,

Try a new thread of your own instead of necro-posting so you can assign points to those pitching in.

The Pike
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event