Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Email Access

Highlighted
Fokin Yuriy
Frequent Contributor.

Email Access

Hi,
I need to give access to the users to send letters to HP SD 4.5 automaticly. I have written a php script which in base SD HP 4.5 in table REP_EMAIL_FILTER_ALLOWED adds email of user.
Script adds email, eaf_lockseq and Eaf_oid (which is calculated by a script - finds max OID).
Email appears in Access Filter, but it is impossible to write letter to SD again, user doesn't have permissions to write.
Anything wrong? Or how can I solve this problem any way?
2 REPLIES
Fokin Yuriy
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Email Access

Help me, please.
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Email Access

I guess nobody would like to help you mess things up. Direct manipulation of the database is not recommended.

Instead, why not use a Data Exchange task?
There is an Import Mapping you can use to insert e-mail addresses. You will need to create a template as there is none out of the box, but that is really easy to do.

With a Data Exchange task, you can even extract the information from Active Directory and insert directly into Service Desk. No scripting, no calculations, no touching the SD database.

Now, focusing on the "what's wrong?" part (since the address is inserted by your script)... you tell us "it is impossible to write letter to SD again, user doesn't have permissions to write".

What does actually happen when the user sends Inbound E-mail to Service Desk? Do they get a reply e-mail? If yes, what does the e-mail say?

Have you checked the "New" Inbound E-mail Command for permissions?

Do not forget to assign points.

The Pike