Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

EMAIL TEMPLATE PROBLEM

Highlighted
Shanker_2
Respected Contributor.

EMAIL TEMPLATE PROBLEM

Hi

I am trying to change the body message of email when a call is assigned to person. I am using SD4.5 withut any SP. Presently When ever I assign a call to some one in ur company he gets email notification from helpdesk@mycompany.com. I am sending the text so it will be easy to understand.

Description: test
Deadline: December 4, 2006 10:16 America/Los_Angeles
Assignment Status: New
From person: Gowri
From workgroup: HELPDESK
Information from sender:

Additional Information:
Please do not reply to this message.

My problem is I wanted to know from where this message is coming and how do I modify this text messsage. There are no Business rules activated.

When I went to system panel>email but i did not find anything to relate to the above message.
Please help me as I wanted to add caller option in the email notification.

Thanks

Shanker

3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: EMAIL TEMPLATE PROBLEM

These can be modified in the admin console-presentation-localised text-label text
Export the view to a spreadsheet to view it better. However it is not easy to find what you wat and change it the way you want to.

There is another option. Disable the option on person records to send them an e-mail when items are assigned ...

create DB rules to send email messages on creation and modification of Items (problem,change etc.) I find that you can control these mail messages better with DB rules and that you can add and modify the fields that you want sent in the mails very easily.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

I should have mentioned that it does mean a few DB rules for each item but I think it is worth it at the end of the day.
Guenther Schere
Honored Contributor.

Hi Shanker,

do you have tried to change the template?
admin console - system panel - Mail - Mailtemplates.
Here you should find the templates the system offers.
I've just changed this templates and ok.

BR
Guenther