E-mail notification before Maintenance contract expires

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mathias Byrö
Regular Collector

E-mail notification before Maintenance contract expires

Hi!

Is it possible to get an e-mail notification from Servicedesk one month before End date expires?

I've tried to achieve this by creating a database rule, but as far as I can see it only triggers when I modify the Maintenance contracts?!

My database rule;
When maintenance contract is created
OR When maintenance contract is modified
where End date next month
Carepack advertizement (Send e-mail message) , Send to: me@companyname.com, Subject: [Name] for [Source ID] expires [End date], Message: [Name] expires [End date]

Type: [Description], Attachment Classification:

This db rule work when I modify/create a Maintenance contract, but I would like it to be fired every day, can this be done?

Regards, Mathias
4 REPLIES

Re: E-mail notification before Maintenance contract expires

maybe it's an idea to trigger this rule when a call/ci or other entity is opened.

Then he will look to the maintenance contract that's related to that call. This only doesn't work if call that are related to this maintenance contract are not opend a month before the expiration.

For example UI Rule:
When "servicecall/CI/**" is opened
Where "End Date" "Next Month"
Carepack advertizement (Send e-mail message) , Send to: me@companyname.com, Subject: [Name] for [Source ID] expires [End date], Message: [Name] expires [End date]
Ken Briscoe
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Matthias - you can do this easily using a scheduled task rule based on the End date.

The rule would be a DB rule like this:

On Creation or Modification
Where End Date(*) is not empty - schedule validation of this rule 30 days before End Date
Action: send email as above.

Have a look in help for DB rules for scheduled tasks. (The scheduling condition is on the bottom of the form where you enter the triggering condition itself).
Test it by first creating the rule for say 1 hour before end date.

Hope that helps....Ken.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Mathias Byrö
Regular Collector

Thanks a lot for your help, Richard & Ken!

I tried to assign points and end this thread last week, but HP had some performance issues regarding this forum ;-)

Ken, your solution did the trick!

Thank you both!

/Mathias
Zoe L Berryman
Acclaimed Contributor

I NEVER GOT ANY NOTICE OF MY WARRANTY RUNNING OUT. HP HAS ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT ME AND MY PRODUCT. I NEVER KNEW! AND NOW, I'M "UP A CREEK". I CAN'T AFFORD ANYTHING ELSE NOW---IS WINDOWS XP REALLY EXPIRING? THERE GOES MORE MONEY THAT I DON'T HAVE TO UPGRADE TO SOMETHING ELSE. IN FACT, HOW DO HOME OWNERS LIKE ME WHO CAN'T KEEP UPGRADING LIKE BUSINESSES DO BECAUSE OF THE COST EVERY 2 OR 3 YEARS? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I HAVE TO UPDATE EVERY 2 OR 3 YEARS EVEN THOUGH I LIKE WHAT I HAVE; BUT IT IS OUT-OF-DATE IN A SHORT TIME?. I DON'T THINK I CAN KEEP THIS UP MUCH LONGER. TECHNOLOGY CHANGES SO FAST, I JUST DON'T HAVE THE MONEY LIKE THESE BIG CORPORATIONS WHO PROVIDE THEIR EMPLOYEES FREE COMPUTERS, UPDATES, LAPTOPS AND FREE REPAIRS AND THEY DON'T PAY A THING FOR IT. WHAT ABOUT THE "LITTLE GUY" WHO HAS TO PAY FOR EVERYTHING HIMSELF? I JUST CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE. (AND I DON'T THINK MANY OTHER RETIREES LIKE ME CAN KEEP THIS UP, ALSO.) WELL, I GUESS NO COMPUTER FOR ME, IF I HAVE TO KEEP BUYING, REPAIRING, AND UPDATING ALL THE TIME MYSELF. WHAT A SHAME THAT THIS TECHNOLOGY IS NOT AVAILABLE TO ALL PEOPLE RATHER THAN THE ONES WHO CAN AFFORD TO KEEP UP WITH IT. I JUST KNOW, I CAN'T ANYMORE. THAT MEANS, I WILL LOSE TOUCH WITH THE WORLD, WHICH I DON'T WANT TO DO; BUT I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE ANYMORE. I WANT TO STAY INFORMED AND UP-TO-DATE, BUT HOW DO YOU DO THAT WHEN EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD IS RUN BY COMPUTERS? IT SCARES ME, AND I REALLY DON'T THINK IT'S FAIR. I'M OFF MY SOAPBOX NOW.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event