Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail body as hex code when character Æ is in SC e-mail

Highlighted

E-mail body as hex code when character Æ is in SC e-mail

I have posted about this issue before: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1079120

It's a problem we have been plagued with since "the beginning of times" :) with SD 4.5 and service calls by e-mail. See attachment.

By sheer luck we have now been able to identify a character that causes this problem when it is included in e-mail body and/or subject.

I would be grateful if anyone could try to verify this:

Compose an e-mail, include the character Æ (alt+0131), latin small letter F with hook.

Send e-mail as service call to SD 4.5.

Check service call generated by this e-mail. Body of e-mail is hex coded.

thanks,
Michael
4 REPLIES

Re: E-mail body as hex code when character Æ is in SC e-mail

The character didn't show up on the web, please see attachment.

Try also to insert the character (alt+0131) into any field in a service call, and save. It turns the contents into hex code. Really wierd...

Can anyone reproduce?
Hanspeter Loche
Regular Collector

Hi Michael

We have the same problem with Hex Text in Mails and Service Calls. So I was looking for this special character. Unfortunately, in our e-mails so such character can be found. All looks normal, just ascii characters.

I sent an e-mail to Service Desk and added the character you mentioned. Also this didn't cause the erronous mail or service call.

We have SD 5.10 SP1 on Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Clients and SQL 2005 Database in place.

Regards
Hanspeter

Hi Hanspeter, thanks for the reply.

We have found out that there are other characters aswell that cause this problem. Try also "Greek Tonos" unicode 0384.
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0384/index.htm

Also, if you enter the character(s) in any text field, save, and open form again, the contents has turned to hex.

We suspect there could be others aswell.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event