The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail alerts when Subject: field too long

Highlighted
Gøran Skoog
Super Collector

E-mail alerts when Subject: field too long

Hi !

SD 4.5, SP9
One of our customers would like to be notified when incoming e-mails fail, for example if the Subject: field exceeds 80 characters.

In adm.console/system panel/e-mail/General tab, there is an option "E-mail address for logging responding wrong e-mail messages". Evidently this will send an e-mail to one specific mailbox when incoming mails fail.

But, the text for the corresponding e-mail template only states that an error has occured (tab "e-mail templates",Mail Error), not who sendt the mail in the first place.

I have tried inserting fields in the template for "Caller", "Caller E-mail" with no luck. I suspect this is due to the fact that "Caller" type of information is not available since a Service Call was never created.

Does anybody of you people know of a way to extract the "Sender of e-mail" information, and put it in the above mentioned e-mail template ?

My only alternative as far as I can see is to turn on E-mail debugging and scannning the logfile.

Regards,

gøran
1 REPLY
Ragu_4
Regular Collector

Re: E-mail alerts when Subject: field too long

Goran
The mail error email sends to the sender. I mean the person who sends an email and if the call is not logged the sender will get at error message, enable that template and a bounce email will be sent out.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event