E-mail, Inbound Commands - Update - insert attach

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
OlArt
Respected Contributor.

E-mail, Inbound Commands - Update - insert attach

Hello!
I am setting up Update Service Call using e-mail command "Update" (check box in settings of this command is checked). Attach file inserted to message body. Update is done, Service Call have attach now, but not only sent file, plus two more named "Content.txt" and "Content.html". So, three files.
Why? How can I get only one my attach file with my information in Service Call?
6 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: E-mail, Inbound Commands - Update - insert attach

Hi there,

What format is the email? If it is html format, this can cause an html attachment so I would suggest you try it as plain text.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
OlArt
Respected Contributor.

Thanks, but html format is standart in users e-mail clients. So, do you know what workaround is solution for that?
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

SD only recommends text only. It's in the SD manual. One workaround is if you are using Exchange, is to set the settings to convert all to text before forwarding to SD server.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
This standard problem in SD. Possible solution the next: don't send emails directly to SD, but have redirection email system, some email server can convert the email format to plain format or use this one freeware server what I attached to this case.

Vasily
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

The format in which you send the email will make a difference as to how OVSD will process the incoming mail. By "standart", I presume you mean a certain MIME format. Unfortunately, OVSD does not do a good job processing this format, as you have seen.

If the mail is sent in another format, you may find that OVSD does a better job. When using the Lotus Notes client, if the mail is sent in Notes Rich Text format, OVSD will take any inline images and create them as attachments in jpg format, without creating an html version of the message.

I suggest you experiment with the different possible formats in which the mail is sent, to find one that might be more appropriate to your needs.

I also suggest that H-P gets its act together and deliver a product that 1) documents how it works; and 2) works the same way for each mail format incoming.

-Josh
OlArt
Respected Contributor.

Thanks, to all!
We are using Exchange to forward message to SD Server, and I will try to set up exchange to convert incoming mail to text format before sending to Sd server Inbound adress.
Thanks again!
Oleg