Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Dynamic Forms

Highlighted
Denis_35
Honored Contributor.

Dynamic Forms

Hello all!
I try to add tabs from subform to main form.
I created main form, placed marker, created subform, created Generic relation type (see attach). But i can't create UI-rule - there isn't dropdown list in Source field.
What i do wrong?
5 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Dynamic Forms

Here's what needs to be done differently (excerpt from the SP20 feature addendum):

As "from item", select a field of the item category for which you have been editing Forms up to this point.

This field will determine which sub-form is to be used. For example, Service Call Status, CI Category, Classification.

Some fields appear in multiple item categories (e.g. Folder), so they do not have a prefix indicating the item type in the "from item" list.

Then...

As "source field", select the field name used as "from item" when you created the generic relation type earlier.

Hope this helps!
Do not forget to assign points for the guidance...

The Pike
Denis_35
Honored Contributor.

If i want to add tabs from subform to main form when CI status = Test (for exammple), what should i do?
When i create generic relation type in field "from item" i sould select "CI status" and in field "to item" i should select CI form, where tabs should be placed?
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

That's actually pretty easy.

Though, assigning points is the mechanism to award members for the help they are providing to solve *your* problem.

Also, if you award points, you encourage participation from more forum members.

More on this exciting subject here:
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Details on dynamic forms can be found in the SP20 addendum.

Points are welcome.

The Pike
Denis_35
Honored Contributor.

My problem hasn't solved yet.
I read SP20 addendum, but there is description about adding fields and nothing about adding tabs, just reference that it could be done.
Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.

Could you assign some points to the man? Why should people help if you don't do anything in return?