Duplicate login sessions(Urgent)

Highlighted
chinna!
Honored Contributor.

Duplicate login sessions(Urgent)

Hi Team,

Servicedesk 4.5 with sp20
OS is Windows 2003
We are facing one issue in our environment.
when we see logged on users, it is showing more than 7 sessions of on application account with same time and host name.
it is showing each user randomely.
Due to this our application users are getting Maximum concurrent users errors.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Naren
12 REPLIES
Vasily Aksenov
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Duplicate login sessions(Urgent)

hi
sometimes ago we saw such situation. i got hotfix from hp. i did not remember SP we used at that moment. Check if you use DBRULE @send attachment option@
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

A similar known error like this happens if you have created new extended custom fields while users are still logged on, then use those fields in rules. With SP20.
(We have one user with 20 sessions created!).

If this is the problem you should be able to fix by getting each of the users with multiple sessions to log off properly then log back in.
To avoid it happening again, you need to get all users to log off (NOT just timeout) then create the extended fields, then restart the services. But if any users have timed out, then they log on they may cause the problem again until the log off neatly.
We logged this case with HP and they explained it all like this....but said there was no fix. Yet I haven't seen it happen at another client on SP22 so maybe it is fixed in later service packs.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I normally stop the app servers, run a script to clear all looged on users and then restart them.

However I haven't had the issue with SP 20 or above and extended fields so not sure if this also gets around that issue.
CA1501973
Honored Contributor.

Hi mark,

Is this possible for yout to share that script with me.

Regards,
Crystenia
Ben Snell
Super Contributor.

Hi

Get you DBA to run the following SQL against the database:

'delete from rep_sessions;'
'commit;'

Regards
Ben
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Everything we've had back from HP on this problem (IF it's caused by use of new extended custom fields) is that just clearing rep session is not enough...as we found. It seems to be something held at the client PC level. In our case (as HP told us) we had to get every user to log out - NOT time out - before we set up the new fields, which can be quite difficult. But worth trying the script anyway. I have another SP22 client who has a longer timeout and doesn't have the problem so most peculiar.
Ryan Jenkins
Super Contributor.

We've had similar issues here. I've written a java app which runs every two hours (via Windows scheduler) and marks all duplicate logins for removal. Before this work-around we were hitting our concurrent user peak quite often.
chinna!
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ryan,

can you share your java application with us?

Thanks in Advance,
Narendra
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hey Naren...don't forget points to contributors... :)
Ryan Jenkins
Super Contributor.

Here's my code. We're running on Oracle 9i, so if you're using a different database, you'll have to modify the connOracle code. I've tried to comment is as much as possible, any questions, please let me know.
chinna!
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your Response.

I am unable to open this file, Am getting error while extracting the same.
Can you resend it.

Thanks,
Narendra
Serge Medvedev_1
Valued Contributor.

Vasily how can i got your hotfix from HP.
It is very important.